Saturday 8 January 2011

Jobs? Jobs.

Yesterday I wrote my first real cover letter. By "real," I mean I actually want someone to read it and think, "Oh, I think I can hire this guy or call him in for an interview." I mostly been faking this whole look-for-a-real-job-after-graduation-thing, but I realized (aka my parents finally convinced me) that I need to set up a back-up in case my grad applications completely fall through.

Which they were in danger of doing so.

They (well, some of us) call this era the Golden Age of Information. Obviously, this means that when a professor submits a recommendation online, the system does not follow through and actually acknowledge and file away that recommendation. What to do? Some Internet stalking (Golden Age of Information ftw!) later, I called his house number because he had been unresponsive to his work email and office number (Golden Age of... Information?). Everything should be solved, but it turns out that until we get cybernetic implants that allows us to remain constantly connected to information networks (Ghost in the Shell, much?) the most important factor is how close to can keep ourselves to that information highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment