Saturday 9 October 2010

Ridiculously Busy Procrastinating

Okay so taking 20 credits wasn't entirely in my plans... I am getting my hands into some real research. I am pulling data files from the Displaced Workers Survey Supplement to the Current Population Survey for my thesis. This involves looking at a codebook, finding the right column numbers to pull data from, and then using Stata to pull them out. Apparently it's easier with SAS but... I don't know how to use SAS. Crap.

On top of that is my original research project from the summer that I have to reconcile (aka, actually do). Although it is part of one of my classes, I definitely feel more invested in it then I would be if it were a typical class. My other classes so far don't seem like a lot of work. Oh, wait, there's the real analysis class. yeah...

On the other hand, courses for next semester - my last undergrad semester - have come out! Some out of the way classes that seem interesting so far are CS1110 with Java, and the History of Battle. Yes, the history of warfare. Hell yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment