Tuesday 19 October 2010

I'm not a Fanboy, I'm not a Fanboy

Regardless of my interest in video games and other media forms (Harry Potter and some animes, anyone?) I do not consider myself a fanboy by any means. I can control my passionate interests around other people, and if asked to write an essay on it, I can keep it concise and excitement at a minimum for a typical audience.

First.... omg assassin's creed brotherhood looks amazing. I am slightly disappointed I won't be able to play it until next semester when I bring my PS3 to cornell. The combat system shift towards the offensive along strings of assassination kills, managing your brotherhood of assassins, using them in gameplay, and so much more that hasn't even been revealed yet. I desperately want it.

I've also been trying to find a coop video game to play with my girlfriend - so she isn't bored out of her mind when I am playing - and am rediscovering PS3 splitscreen shooters. I am deciding between CoD: WaW and Resistance 1.

Anyway, I am writing my grad essay for stanford and I am trying to hard not to sound like a fanboy when I am writing about Caroline Hoxby. But she is freaking amazing. She's advised disserations for Kirabo Jackson, Sandra Black, Bridget Long, and Leah Boustan who are awesome in their own right. I would probably give a toe just to work under her... but it's hard trying not to sound like a fanboy in my essay

1 comment: