Friday 3 September 2010

Here, There, Everywhere

It's the second week of school and Labor Day Weekend is here. I'm pretty excited to start the long weekend of reading and problem sets - no, really.

I ended up dropping the evolution class because (a) it's a freshmen class, and (b) I have to read 6 books to write three ten-page papers. Too much work for a three credit class I wanted to take just for fun. So I swapped it for an IO class - because (a) it's an economics class! (b) I kept on seeing IO as a research specialty for econ professors, and (c) because there are problem sets. Problem sets are always so straight forward compared to those convoluted readings.

The economic analysis of the university class is getting to be fun too. This afternoon I was shooting ideas for my research paper in my head and it was an absolute blast! I haven't done that since around July and the high I got out of it was amazing.

On the other hand... analysis is confusing. To make matters worse, my prof has parkinsons so whatever he wrong on the board starts normal sized and then gets smaller, smaller, and smaller. That and he always stands in front whatever he's writing so when I doze off for a bit (which happens often, it's right before lunch!) I immediately become lost.

Oh, and applications? Yeah, applications. Need to work on a good personal statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment