Thursday 15 April 2010

Smart Phones: the Smarter Option?

I saw someone rocking a Droid, and well, first of all, I really want to post a picture of it so...
there. Okay, and then I started to think about why I don't have a smart phone. I certainly have the option, but it helps to list some pros and cons. While they are expensive, they are damn cool and are integrated with an mp3 player which would be a huge convenience. Right now I've had a Sansa e280 for more than four years, and it's a model Sandisk no longer makes since they started a new production line.You can also do all sorts of things with a smart phone like make your schedules, download apps to play around with, and surf the Internet.
Which brings me to my one big con when it comes to smart phones. Internet access. I already do not bring my laptop around with me to classes because I know I will stop paying attention to class, and the idea of being attached to my email everywhere I go seems like a huge inconvenience. Or is it? I have become more addicted to my email as of late because I am always waiting to hear back from people on things. Maybe I will get a smart phone next time. But they are always improving and a new models come out all the time. I feel like I am in a stopped car waiting to merge into a 80mph freeway: the moment I get in (buy a smart phone), I will be left behind. But it's better to go than not go.
Now if only they were cheaper....

Oh and here's the new Droid incredible. Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment