Monday 1 February 2010

Cooking in College

I know I am supposed to be studying, reading textbooks, attentively taking notes in class, etc. but it is also an excellent opportunity to be independent. Independence from the many endemic restrictions at home, as well as the opportunity to purchase ingredients (from Wegmans)!

I do not know too many dishes other than the usual "throw stuff into a pan/pot and wish for the best." So I am looking for recipes for some interesting things! I want to try my hand at Hushpuppies and Scalloped potatoes. Not sure what else to try, so I am always open to suggestions. Something with fish would be really cool though! Although seafood tends to be expensive. Maybe I can make some nice meat sauce for pasta. Or a hamburger so I don't have to keep on buying them.

All this writing about food makes me hungry. I will have to endure to tomorrow's breakfast of cereal. Just cereal - nothing special about it. Okay, I mix some granola into it, big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment