Wednesday 4 August 2010

Blowing... [wow, that's what she said]

Recently I've been watching some music-related animes and was constantly reminded (bothered?) that I have a clarinet in my closet I haven't played in around one or two years. It's always an on-and-off relationship with my clarinet: sometimes I become really motivated to play and then the motivation slowly deteriorates.

Every time I start again, I tell myself "this time it'll be different." Eventually, maybe, I will pick it up and never put it down again. Besides, every time I pick it up again I have to do maintenance and the bore oil will take between one and two days to soak into the wood and I have to build my embouchure again.

Cornell has a room you can rent out for the semester to practice in - if I pay to use the room for the entire semester it will probably get me to practice more often than if I did not. I might just put my clarinet next to my desk at the apartment so it becomes more convenient.

This time it'll be different!

1 comment:

  1. Or you just become accustomed to it sitting on your desk and then slowly ignore it. I know. There's a guitar sitting next to me and each day that passes I forget to practice more and more.

    ReplyDelete